BEee HAPPeeee!!

BEee HAPPeeee!!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Surya Namaskara

Sun Salutation

Praying the SUN GOD and performing Surya namaskaras is so beneficial for health.
This is highly recommended for students and children.

When I was in Hyderabad (June 2003 to June 2005), our house owner, a grand 'mighty' oldman Sri Visweswara Rao(much like a grandfather) suggested me to perform Surya namaskaras everyday.

Kinldy do not see just the religious flavor,see the multi-benefits for better living.

****
pUShan EkarShe yama sUrya prAjApatya vyUha rashmIn samUha
tEjo yat tE rUpam kalyANatamam tat tE pashyAmi
- Sri Isha Upanishad


pUshan = Complete one;
EkarShe = Supreme Knowable
yama = Controller of all, also present in the deity Yama (god of death);
surya = a goal or objective for (even) the deities, also present in Surya (god of the sun);
prAjApatya = as being specially obtained by Prajapati or Brahma;
vyuha = extend;
rashmIn = the knowledge of my true nature;
tejah = extrinsic knowledge;
yat = what, that which;
te = your;
rupam = form;
kalyanatamam = of exceedingly auspicious nature;
tat = that;
pashyAmi = I see.

****


(E-I-E-I-R-E-I-E-I-E-I-E)

E: Exhale
I: Inhale
R: Retain

The Mantras:

Om Mitraaya Namah
Om Ravaye Namah
Om Suryaya Namah
Om Bhaanave Namah
Om Khagaaya Namah
Om Pushne Namah
Om Hiranya Garbhaaya Namah
Om Mareechaye Namah
Om Aadityaaya Namah
Om Savitre Namah
Om Arkaaya Namah
Om Bhaaskaraya Namah
Om Sri Savitra Surya Narayanaaya Namah

Note: Usually practised at Sunrise, facing the rising Sun. This exercise activates the endocrine system and chakras(the vortexes through which vital life energy or prana is channeled) helping to build strength and flexibility.

****
A small video on the Sun temple of "Modhera" in Gujarat.



****
Wellwishingly Yours,
LSNBSQUARE.

No comments:

Post a Comment